Applicant-only DBS certificates
From 17th June the DBS will no longer issue a copy of the applicant’s DBS
certificate to the Registered Body.
Employers will need to ask applicants for sight of their DBS Certificate. Registered Bodies, however, will still be able to ask us for a copy of an applicant’s DBS Certificate but only if all of the following apply:
• The individual is subscribed to the Update Service; and
• The employer has carried out a Status Check which revealed a change to the DBS Certificate; and as a result
• The individual has applied for a new DBS check as the result of a change to an existing DBS Certificate; and
• The DBS issued the new DBS Certificate to the applicant more than 28 days ago; and
• The applicant has not shown the employer their new DBS Certificate.
If the applicant raises a dispute on the new Certificate, the DBS will not issue a copy to the Registered Body until 28 days after the dispute is resolved.
Applications can be tracked on line via the home office website https://secure.crbonline.gov.uk/enquiry/ using the form reference number (F00…) and the applicant’s date of birth. At the end of each day you will receive email notification from UK Umbrella Service, it will contain a list of all applications received that day along with the details required to track each one
FOR RESULTS ISSUED AFTER THE 17TH JUNE YOU WILL NO LONGER RECEIVE PAPER COPIES IN THE POST
Click the following link to download a PDF of the above: Only one result to be issued