Position applied for – what you need to do now
Owing to a change in legislation, you will need to complete field x61 on the application form differently, and you should start to do this right now.
Changing the way you complete this field now will ensure that any DBS certificate issued after the Update Service commences can be used by individuals who are using the new service. They can then take it with them from role to role within the relevant workforce(s).
This is because the Police will now use this broader definition of ‘workforce’ to assess the relevance of any information that they may consider for release, in place of ‘position applied for’.
You should now include one of the following phrases in field x61, line 1:
- ‘Child Workforce’. Use this for any position that involves working/volunteering with children.
- ‘Adult Workforce’. Use this for any position that involves working/volunteering with adults.
- ‘Child and Adult Workforce’. Use this for any position that involves working/volunteering with both children and adults.
- ‘Other Workforce’. Use this for any position that does not involve working/volunteering with Children or Adults e.g. security guard.
You should now include the job title in field x61, line 2:
• Enter a description of the ‘position applied for’ up to 30 characters.
Click the following link to download a PDF of the above Question 61